ABC Book of the
Future principals -- add this brand new "book" to your required reading lists! If you want the real lowdown on what it's like to be a principal, you've come to the right source. More than a dozen members of Education World's Principal Files team contributed their thoughts to this new book. The contributors are all listed below. Click the link below to read the results of their effort, the...
ABC Book of the Principal's Job
Printable version of ABC Book
(This is a large file that will take some time to load.)
THANKS TO THE CONTRIBUTORS!
Following are the names of the dedicated principals who contributed their insight to this -- the ultimate -- guide to what it takes to be the leader of a great school!
- Lucie Boyadjian, principal, Glen Oaks School, Hickory Hills, Illinois
- Larry Davis, principal, Doctors Inlet Elementary School, Middleburg, Florida
- Dr. Patricia Green, principal, Cedar Heights Junior High School, Port Orchard, Washington
- Deborah Harbin, principal, Holbrook Elementary School, Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District, Houston, Texas
- Brian Hazeltine, principal, Airdrie Koinonia Christian School, Airdrie, Alberta (Canada)
- Bonita Henderson, assistant principal, Central Fairmount School, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Karen I. Hodges, principal, Brockton Christian School, Brockton, Massachusetts
- Kathryn House, principal, Sunny Hollow Elementary School, New Hope, Minnesota
- Marie Kostick, principal, Goodwyn Junior High School, Montgomery, Alabama
- Marguerite McNeely, principal, Alexandria Magnet Middle School for Math and Science, Alexandria, Louisiana
- Belinda L. Miller, assistant principal, George S. Mickelson Middle School, Brookings, South Dakota
- Betty Peltier, principal, Southdown Elementary School, Houma, Louisiana
- Chad Christopher Sutton, assistant principal, Golden Oaks Educational Center, Kansas City, Missouri
Article by Gary Hopkins
Copyright © 2008 Education World
Originally published 01/06/2004
Last updated 12/18/2008