Who Said That?
for a printable version of the work sheet.
for an answer key for the work sheet.
for scavenger hunts from previous weeks.
Directions: What do you know about U.S. presidents? Read the quotes below. On the Web resource page given, find the name of each president quoted. Write the letter next to the president's name on the line next to his quote.
Web Resource: Inaugural Addresses of the Presidents of the United States
- _______ We wish peace, but we wish the peace of justice, the peace of righteousness.
- _______ Sometimes in life we are called to do great things. Every day we are called to do small things with great love.
- _______ Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
- _______ The nation has been deeply stirred, stirred by a solemn passion, stirred by the knowledge of wrong, of ideals lost.
- _______ We Americans of today, together with our allies, are passing through a period of supreme test. It is a test of our courage, of our resolve, of our wisdom, of our essential democracy.
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- Abraham Lincoln
- Theodore Roosevelt
- George W. Bush
- Woodrow Wilson
If you're looking for a bigger challenge, go to POTUS: Presidents of the United States
, choose a president, and write a short biography about him!
2001 by Education World. Education World grants users permission to reproduce this work sheet for educational purposes only.
Answer Key: Who Said That?