Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 35.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. Alan Alexander; 2. she was the first dog launched into space (on the satellite Sputnik 2); 3. Baffin Island; 4. "the people"; 5. whitehouse.gov; 6. it led to/enabled the building of skyscrapers; 7. the Panama hat (accept hat as a response); 8. eggplant; 9. Argentina; 10. wood.
This Hunt's Questions
1. Winnie the Pooh was written by A. A. Milne. What do the initials A. A. stand for in his name?
2. Why is the dog named Laika a famous dog?
3. An island in Canada is the fifth largest island in the world. Which island is that? Circle the name of the island below: Baffin Island - Sumatra - Great Britain
4. More than 130 million people in Africa speak one of the Bantu languages. What does the word Bantu mean in English?
5. If you wanted to send an email to the president of the United States, you would address your email to [email protected]. What part of that email address is considered to be the domain name of the address? Circle the domain name below: president - president@ - whitehouse.gov - .gov
6. Elisha Otis is best known for his invention of the elevator. You might have ridden on an Otis Elevator. Why was his invention so important to the development of architecture?
7. In Ecuador, what fashion item is often made from the jipijapa plant?
8. The fruit of the tomato plant is most closely related to which other fruit? Circle the name of that fruit below: apple - banana - eggplant - peach
9. In which South American country was Juan Pern elected president?
10. David Bushnell invented the submarine. His first sub was small and egg-shaped. From what kind of material was it built?