Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 34.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. 14 feet long; 2. California; 3. she was the first woman to be ordained a minister; 4. a card game; 5. victory; 6. peace pipe; 7. "harbor wave"; 8. Cal Ripken, Jr.; 9. Sydney; 10. gold.
This Hunt's Questions
1. The mamba is a member of the cobra snake family. How many feet long can Africa's black mamba grow to be?
2 . In 1542, Juan Rodrguez Cabrillo led a group of European explorers on an expedition. Which present-day U.S. state did that group explore for the first time?
3. What did Antoinette Louisa Blackwell become the first American woman to do?
4. Children in Russia play a popular game called Durak. What kind of game is Durak? Circle the correct response below: a ball game - a board game - a card game - a jumprope game 5. The ancient Greek goddess Nike was often pictured in sculpture of the time. Of what was she the goddess? Circle the correct answer below: art - footwear - love - rivers and streams - victory
6. What is the more common name for the Native American calumet?
7. A tsunami (pronounced soo-NAH-mee) is a series of huge waves that happen after an undersea earthquake or volcano eruption. The word tsunami is a Japanese word. What does the word mean in Japanese?
8. For many years, baseball player Lou Gehrig held the record for most games played without missing a game. He played 2,130 games between 1925 and 1939. Gehrig's record stayed unbroken until 1995. What ball player broke that record?
9. Which of the three cities below is Australia's largest city? Circle the name of that city: Brisbane - Melbourne - Sydney
10. Helena is the capital city of Montana. It grew rapidly after the discovery of something in Last Chance Gulch. What was discovered there in 1864?