Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt May #2.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the primary grades (grades 2 to 4). If you are looking for intermediate-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. Gold was found there, which led to the Gold Rush of 1849.; 2. about 20,000 species; 3. "The Ugly Duckling"; 4. Ireland; 5. two to seven eggs.
This Hunt's Questions
1. Why is Sutter's Mill an important place in the history of the United States?
2. About how many species of bees are there?
3. Hans Christian Andersen wrote many famous fairy tales. Which one of the tales below did he write?
4. In some fairy tales you will find a little old man called a leprechaun (pronounced LEPP-ruh-kahn). From which country did those fairy tales probably come?
5. The female box turtle lays its eggs in summertime. How many eggs at a time does it usually lay?