Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 33.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. horse; 2. Gone With the Wind; 3. 14 inches long; 4. it lowered the voting age to 18; 5. Russia (also accept Siberia); 6. Mount Everest; 7. a dog; 8. accept these responses: England, Great Britain, Britain; 9. sperm whale; 10. to see elevations and mountains.
This Hunt's Questions
1. What kind of animal is the central character in the popular children's book Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry?
2. In 1940, Hattie McDaniel became the first African-American to win an Oscar for her performance in a movie. For what movie did she win her Oscar?
3. How long can the largest species of gecko, the tokay, grow to be?
4. What did the Twenty-Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution do?
5. What country are you visiting if you are eating a pelmeny?
6. The highest mountain in the world is found along the border of Tibet and Nepal in Asia. What is the name of that mountain?
7. Which popular pet is classified as a canid?
8. In what country is Boxing Day celebrated on the Day after Christmas?
9. What breed of whale is also known as a cachalot?
10. Different kinds of maps serve different purposes. Why might you use a contour map to learn about a part of the world? Circle the correct reason below: to see temperatures - to see elevations and mountains - to see what crops are grown - to see the locations of highways