Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 32.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. she was a ballerina; 2. Iran; 3. Parthenon; 4. 1,048,576 bytes (accept the response one million bytes); 5. Boston; 6. 111 to 130 miles per hour; 7. the number 13; 8. 1936; 9. Uranus; 10. St. Louis.
This Hunt's Questions
1. Native American Maria Tallchief, who is of Osage Indian descent, became famous for her talents. What was her main talent?
2. Which modern-day Asian country was known as Persia until 1935?
3. Which of these famous ancient buildings was build at The Acropolis in Athens, Greece? Circle the name of that famous building: Coliseum - Pantheon - Parthenon
4. In computer terms, how many bytes are in 1 megabyte?
5. In which city did America's first subway system open in 1897?
6. According to the Saffir-Simpson Scale, how strong are the winds of a Category 3 hurricane? Circle the correct answer below: 74 to 95 miles per hour - 96 to 110 miles per hour - 111 to 130 miles per hour
7. If a person suffers from triskaidekaphobia, what are they afraid of?
8. In what year did athlete Jesse Owens win 4 gold medals at the Olympic Games?
9. Which planet was discovered by Sir William Herschel?
10. Construction in the U.S. of the first "National Road" began in 1815. That road carried many people to the west. It extended from Cumberland, Maryland, to which U.S. city?