Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 31.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. Little House in the Big Woods; 2. "breaking of the fast"; 3. fly; 4. the Aleutian Islands; 5. the heart; 6. the Andes Mountains; 7. the sky; 8. "Georgia on My Mind"; 9. Lake Tanganyika; 10. Jamaica.
This Hunt's Questions
1. Laura Ingalls Wilder didn't write her first Little House book until she was in her sixties. Which Little House book was the first to be published?
2. For people of the Muslim faith, a three-day festival called Eid al-Fitr is one of the most important holidays of the year. Eid al-Fitr is an Arabic expression. Circle the English meaning of Eid al-Fitr below: "month of blessing" - "breaking of the fast" - "happy new year"
3. To which insect family does the insect called a midge belong? Circle the correct answer: ant - bee - beetle - fly - moth
4. Mt. Shishaldin is a volcano found on Unimak, an island off the coast of Alaska. Unimak is the largest of a chain of islands. What is that chain of islands called?
5. The atrium, ventricle, and pulmonary artery are all parts of one body organ. Which organ is that?
6. Through which South American mountain chain does the Urubamba River flow?
7. In Greek mythology, Atlas was a man forced forever to hold something on his shoulders. What was he forced to hold on his shoulders?
8. What big hit song did Ray Charles have in 1980?
9. What large lake forms part of the western border of Tanzania?
10. Columbus's fourth and final voyage ended when he was marooned on which West Indies island?