Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt April #2.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the primary grades (grades 2 to 4). If you are looking for intermediate-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. They fly mostly during the daytime.; 2. ball lightning; 3. traffic light; 4. 73 home runs; 5. 3,000 pounds.
This Hunt's Questions
1. How are most butterflies different from moths?
2. There are three types of lightning. One is fork lightning. Another is sheet lightning. What is the third type of lightning called?
3. Garrett Augustus Morgan was a famous African-American inventor. He invented the gas mask and one other thing that we could not live without today. What was that invention?
4. No baseball player has ever hit more home runs in a single season than Bobby Bonds. How many home runs did he hit in the 2001 season?
5. About how many pounds (lbs.) does an adult male walrus weigh?