Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 27.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. yes; 2. Africa; 3. North Carolina; 4. India; 5. he flew too close to the sun and his wings melted, then he plunged to his death in the sea; 6. Sesame Street; 7. it is caused by the bite of a mosquito; 8. 12 medals; 9. busybody; 10. St. Peters.
This Hunt's Questions
1. Do kangaroos have claws on their feet -- yes or no?
2. David Livingstone is famous for his explorations of a continent. He became the first European to cross that continent. Which continent was it that Livingstone explored?
3. Virginia Dare was the first white child of English parents to be born in America. She was born in 1587. In which state was she born?
4. The modern-day board game called Parcheesi is based on an ancient game called pachisi. In what country was the game of pachisi first played?
5. In Greek mythology, what happened to Icarus when he tried to escape with wings made of wax?
6. On what popular television show did Native American singer and songwriter Buffy Sainte-Marie appear?
7. One of the worst epidemics in U.S. history was the yellow fever epidemic that killed more than 13,000 southerners in 1878. What is the cause of yellow fever?
8. Swimmer Jenny Thompson has won more Olympic medals than any other woman. How many medals has she won?
9. In Australia, the word stickybeak is slang for a person who is a ___. Which word or statement below best completes that statement? Circle the correct ending: good friend - hard worker - busybody - happy soul
10. Harrisburg is the capital of Pennsylvania. The dome of its capitol building is modeled after the dome of a church at the Vatican in Rome, Italy. Which church is that dome modeled after?