Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 24.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. Farley Drexel Hatcher; 2. February 14; 3. 200 or more eggs; 4. Madagascar; 5. accept as correct responses the brain >or the spinal cord; 6. Russia; 7. a horse (a winged horse); 8. 1988; 9. kraals; 10. Venezuela.
This Hunt's Questions
1. Fudge is one of the main characters in Judy Blume's popular children's book Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. What is Fudge's full name?
2. On what date will Chinese New Year be celebrated in the year 2010?
3. When a female praying mantis lays its eggs, about how many eggs does it lay?
4. Which large island is the home of the animal known as the lemur (LEE-muhr)?
5. What part of your body is covered by the meninges?
6. The Ob River is the fifth longest river in the world. In which country is it found? Circle the name of that country below: China - Peru - Russia
7. In Greek mythology, Pegasus is often linked to the arts and poetry. What kind of creature was Pegasus?
8. In what year was the rock group The Beatles inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
9. In Zululand, the African country that is home to the Zulu people, many people still live in fenced-in communities as members of large "families." What are those communities of Zulu people called? Circle the word for those communities below: neighborhoods - societies - kraals
10. On his third voyage, Christopher Columbus sailed across the mouth of the Orinoco River. In what present-day South American country was he when he sailed along that river?