Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 21.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. his heel; 2. Florida; 3. Reykjavik; 4. the Suez Canal; 5. a smile; 6. bridges; 7. it was difficult to walk when wearing it; 8. turnip; 9. Peru; 10. bicycle.
This Hunt's Questions
1. Achilles, one of the strongest heroes in Greek mythology, met his death when he was wounded in what part of his body?
2. U.S. space shuttle flights are launched at Cape Canaveral. In which state will you find that launch site?
3. The country of Iceland is an island. What city is the capital city of Iceland?
4. In African history, Ferdinand Marie Lesseps is an important person because of something he designed and helped build. What did he build?
5. When typing on a computer keyboard, the typed characters :-) are one example of an emoticon. What does the emoticon :-) represent?
6. What kind of structure is engineer John Roebling best known for designing? Circle the correct answer below: bridges - churches - monuments - skyscrapers
7. In the history of fashion, the hobble skirt might be considered a "fashion hazard." Why is that? Circle the correct answer below: it was so big it barely fit through a door - it was made of flammable material - it was difficult to walk when wearing it - it was very short
8. The vegetable known as the rutabaga is closely related to which of the vegetables below? Circle that vegetable: broccoli - potato - squash - turnip
9. Which South American country has a larger population -- Chile or Peru?
10. The velocipede was popular transportation in the mid 1800s. What form of transportation might be called a modern-day velocipede? Circle the correct answer: roller skates - wagon - bicycle - shopping cart