Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 19.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
Hunt #19 1. "The Little Mermaid"; 2. 1870; 3. Asia; 4. Herbert Hoover; 5. China; 6. Oklahoma; 7. Persian; 8. January 5; 9. whale shark; 10. Europe and Asia.
This Hunt's Questions
1. Which of the famous fairy tales below was written by Hans Christian Anderson in 1836? Circle the title of that fairy tale: "Cinderella" - "The Little Mermaid" - "Snow White"
2. Hiram Revels of Mississippi was the first African-American elected to the U.S. Senate. In what year was he elected?
3. On which continent are gibbons found?
4. In the election of 1828, one candidate for president wanted voters to think they would be better off if he was elected president. He used the slogan "A Chicken in Every Pot and a Car in Every Garage" to try to get votes. Who was that candidate?
5. If you were eating a congee -- which is a dumpling filled with meat, fish, or vegetables -- you would probably live in which country?
6. In which U.S. state will you find the Boston Mountains? Circle the correct state name: Massachusetts - Oklahoma - Minnesota - Nevada
7. What is the most popular breed of cat?
8. People in some cultures celebrate Twelfth Night, which marks the end of the Christmas season. On what date do Twelfth Night celebrations take place?
9. Which kind of shark is the largest member of the shark family? Circle that shark in the list below: basking shark - whale shark - white shark
10. The Ural Mountains form the boundary between which two continents?