Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt January #2.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the primary grades (grades 2 to 4). If you are looking for intermediate-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. Lantern Festival; 2. laws that set aside bathrooms and trains for white people only; 3. 1996; 4. It had a horse-like head and a long, strong tail.; 5. the Great Plains.
This Hunt's Questions
1. Chinese New Year lasts for 15 days. On the fifteenth day, there is a big celebration. What is that celebration called?
2. Martin Luther King Jr., worked hard to put an end to Jim Crow laws in the South. What were Jim Crow laws?
3. Lake Vostok is the largest lake on Antarctica. (Of course, it's a frozen lake!) In what year was Lake Vostok discovered?
4. What did the dinosaur known as Diplodocus look like?
5. Long ago, in which part of the United States would you have seen Native American people living in teepees?