Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 16.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. to protect themselves from burs and rope burns while riding horses; 2. the dragon; 3. accept librarian or teacher; 4. a crack in the deep ocean floor that spews out water heated by the magma under the earth's crust; 5. Alabama; 6. Antarctica; 7. it had a large brain in a small body; 8. harmonica; 9. coordinates muscle movement; 10. red.
This Hunt's Questions
1. Why do cowboys wear chaps?
2. On the Chinese calendar, each year is named after an animal. For example, the year 2004 was "the year of the Monkey." What animal will be the symbol for the year 2012?
3. What job did First Lady Laura Bush -- wife of President George W. Bush -- hold before she and her husband moved to Washington, D.C.?
4. Marine biologists are studying hydrothermal vents. What is a hydropthermal vent?
5. Which state has a capital city named Montgomery?
6. Where in the world is Lake Vostok?
7. What makes scientists believe that the bird-like dinosaur named Troodon was one of the "smartest" dinosaurs?
8. What instrument is called the "mouth organ" or "French harp"?
9. What is the job of the brain's cerebellum? Circle the correct answer below: coordinates muscle movement - controls growth - controls body temperature
10. What color is the valuable gem stone known as the ruby?