Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 15.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. Boonesboro (or Boonesborough); 2. six months; 3. tundra (or Arctic tundra); 4. Mediterranean Sea; 5. the orange; 6. India; 7. "Three-Finger" Brown (because he had only three fingers on his right hand); 8 . 1856; 9. atmospheric pressure (or air pressure); 10. six stars.
This Hunt's Questions
1. In American folklore, what was the name of the settlement that Daniel Boone founded along the Kentucky River in 1775?
2. How many months does a newborn koala bear live in its mother's pouch?
3. What is the name by which Earth's coldest biome is called?
4. What is the name of the large body of water that separates Europe from Africa?
5. To which other citrus fruit is the kumquat most closely related?
6. If you used a rupee to pay for a candy bar, which country would you live in -- Turkey or India?
7. Mordecai Brown helped the Chicago Cubs win the 1907 World Series. What was Brown's popular nickname?
8 . The first kindergarten class in the United States was founded in the state of Wisconsin. In which year did that kindergarten class start?
9. A thermometer measures temperature. What does a barometer measure?
10. How many stars appear on the national flag of Australia?