Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt December #2.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the primary grades (grades 2 to 4). If you are looking for intermediate-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. Indian Ocean; 2. first fruits of the harvest; 3. eight candles (the menorah has eight branches and a large center candle from which the others are lit); 4. five; 5. crocodile.
This Hunt's Questions
1. In which ocean will you find the island called Christmas Island?
2. The word "kwanzaa" comes from an African phrase, matunda ya kwanza. What does that phrase mean?
3. One of the symbols of Hanukkah is the menorah (pronounced meh-NOR-uh). How many candles does a menorah hold?
4. China's flag has one large star and some small ones. How many stars in all are on China's flag?
5. The gavial (pronounced GAY-vee-uhl), an animal found in the rivers of Pakistan and other places, is most closely related to which of the animals below?