Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 13.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. Africa; 2. Eric the Red; 3. Arkansas; 4. a pocketknife; 5. Argo; 6. Jim Thorpe; 7. accept 400 (or about 400); 8. 127 miles per hour; 9. Hobart; 10. Narragansett.
This Hunt's Questions
1. On which continent is the primate known as a mandrill found?
2. Explorer Leif Ericsson is thought by many to be the first European to discover America. He was the son of another famous explorer. What was Leif Ericsson's father's name?
3. In 1932, Hattie Wyatt Caraway became the first woman elected to the U.S. Senate. Which state did she represent?
4. In order to play baseball you need a ball and a bat. What do you need in order to play the game called mumblety-peg?
5. In Greek mythology, Jason and his band of brave Argonauts sailed the seas in a quest for the Golden Fleece. What was the name of the ship on which they sailed?
6. Which Native American man is said by many to have been the greatest all-around athlete ever in the United States? Circle the name of that man below: Will Rogers - Jim Thorpe - John Trudell
7. The Blizzard of 1888 was one of the worst snow blizzards in history. About how many lives were lost as a result of that blizzard?
8. Tennis player Venus Williams recorded the fastest serve in World Tennis Association history in 1998. How fast did that serve go?
9. The island of Tasmania is Australia's smallest state. What is the capital city of Tasmania?
10. Providence is the capital city of Rhode Island. It was founded by Roger Williams in 1636. Which Indian group allowed Roger Williams to settle there? Circle the name of that Native American tribe below: Algonquin - Narragansett - Nipmuck - Wampanoag