Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 12.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. The Giver; 2. Virginia; 3. quadruped; 4. elephant; 5. Cuba; 6. Vermont; 7. a fox terrier; 8. December 6; 9. accept one or more of these answers: crabs, lobsters, and other shellfish; 10. Eastern Hemisphere.
This Hunt's Questions
1. Each year, the Newbery Medal is given to one of the best children's books of that year. What book won the Newbery Medal in 1994?
2. In 1990, L. Douglas Wilder made history when he became the first African-American governor of a state. In which state did he serve as governor?
3. Is a cow an example of an animal that is a biped or a quadruped?
4. What animal stands as a symbol of the Republican party -- a donkey or an elephant?
5. Which country is best known for its large sugarcane crop? Circle that country's name: Australia - Cuba - Russia - United States
6. In which of these U.S. States would you be able to climb the mountains known as the Green Mountains? Circle the correct state name: Connecticut - Maine - Vermont - Virginia
7. The Westminster Kennel Club Show is the biggest U.S. dog show of the year. What breed of dog won the Westminster show in 1992?
8. In the Netherlands and other countries, children celebrate a special day called St. Nicholas's Feast. On what date does that special celebration take place each year?
9. What does an octopus eat?
10. Is the continent of Africa in the Eastern Hemisphere or the Western Hemisphere?