Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt November #4.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the primary grades (grades 2 to 4). If you are looking for intermediate-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. the Speedwell; 2. a place to live; 3. Romania; 4. Lewis Carroll; 5. yes.
This Hunt's Questions
1. We all know the Mayflower was the name of the ship that carried the Pilgrims from England to Plymouth Colony. But did you know that two ships set sail in 1620? Not far into the trip, one of the two ships had to turn back. So the Mayflower sailed back to pick up some of the other ship's passengers and supplies. What was the name of the other ship?
2. Among some Native American people of the West, what is a wickiup (pronounced WICK-ee-up)?
3. In which country in Europe would you find a region called Transylvania?
4. Who wrote the book Alice in Wonderland?
5. Does a crocodile have ears?