Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt November #3.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the primary grades (grades 2 to 4). If you are looking for intermediate-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. William Bradford; 2. Little Bighorn; 3. tea; 4. Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey; 5. a shell.
This Hunt's Questions
1. Who was governor of Plymouth Colony when the Pilgrims and Indians celebrated Thanksgiving in 1621?
2. Sitting Bull was a famous Indian chief. For which battle is Sitting Bull best known?
3. The island of Sri Lanka (pronounced sree-LAHN-kuh), which is near India, is most famous for which crop?
4. The Caldecott Medal is given each year to the best-illustrated children's book. Which book won the Caldecott Medal in 1942?
5. Did you know that a turtle has a carapace (pronounced KAHR-uh-pace)? What is a carapace?