Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt October #2.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the primary grades (grades 2 to 4). If you are looking for intermediate-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. San Salvador; 2. Mary Shelley; 3. close to 40; 4. Khartoum; 5. 17,450 buildings.
This Hunt's Questions
1. It is believed that Christopher Columbus first stepped foot in the New World on Watling Island. By what name is Watling Island known today?
2. The monster Frankenstein has been around for many years. He first appeared in a book that was written almost 200 years ago. Who was the author of the book about Frankenstein?
3. How many different bat species can be found in the United States?
4. The largest country in Africa is Sudan. What is the capital city of Sudan?
5. One of the worst fires in U.S. history is known as the "Chicago Fire." It happened in the year 1871. About how many buildings were burned in the Chicago Fire?