Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 5.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. The Polar Express; 2. Freedom's Journal; 3. ants or termites; 4. 35 years old; 5. a fish stew; 6. Pyrenees; 7. English setter; 8. Pere Noel; 9. Atlantic coast; 10. 24,902 miles.
This Hunt's Questions
1. The Caldecott Medal is given each year to the children's book with the best illustrations. What book won the Caldecott Medal in 1986?
2. In 1827, John Brown Russwurm published the first African-American owned newspaper in the United States. What was that newspaper called?
3. The echidna (pronounced ih-KID-nuh) is a spiny, egg-laying mammal found in Australia. What does this unusual animal eat?
4. How old does a person have to be to run for president of the United States?
5. If you are eating a bouillabaisse, what are you eating? Circle the correct response below: a type of bread - a fish stew a sweet dessert - a French fry
6. Which of the mountain chains below is not found in North America? Circle the correct response. Appalachian Mountains - Pyrenees - Rocky Mountains - Sierra Nevadas
7. Which dog breed below is a sporting dog? Circle the correct response: German shepherd - English Setter - poodle -Great Dane
8. What do children in France call Santa Claus? Circle the correct name below: Papai Noel - Joulupukki - Pere Noel - Babbo Natale
9. On which coast of the United States are scallops more common -- the Atlantic coast or the Pacific coast?
10. If you travel around the world at the equator, how many miles will you travel in all?