Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt October #1.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the primary grades (grades 2 to 4). If you are looking for intermediate-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. August 3; 2. squash; 3. 600 or more; 4. Pacific Ocean; 5. accept either near a pond or lake or in a rain forest.
This Hunt's Questions
1. On what date in 1492 did Christopher Columbus set sail on his first voyage to the New World?
2. To which other fruit is the pumpkin most closely related?
3. About how many insects can an insect-eating bat eat in one hour?
4. Which ocean does not border Africa?
5. Where would you be most likely to find a bird known as a screamer?
FREE Word Benders®