Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 3.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. Hermione Granger; 2. Texas; 3. the mosquito; 4. Greenland; 5. bark from the willow tree; 6. Atlantic Ocean; 7. a peacock; 8. "Rock Around the Clock"; 9. Indian Ocean; 10. the Santa Maria
This Hunt's Questions
1. J. K. Rowling patterned one character in the Harry Potter books after herself. Who was that character?
2. In which U.S. state is San Jacinto Day celebrated each April 21?
3. What is the deadliest insect on Earth?
4. What is the name of the largest island on Earth?
5. Aspirin is often used to lower fever and ease body pain. Today, aspirin is made in factories by combining chemicals. But many years ago aspirin was derived from nature. From what was it made back then? Circle the correct response: fish - wheat - bark from the willow tree
6. Into which ocean -- the Atlantic Ocean or the Pacific Ocean -- does the Amazon River of South America empty?
7. In Greek mythology, Argus was a monster with as many as 100 eyes. When Hermes killed Argus, Hera used his eyes on the tail feathers of her bird. What kind of bird received Argus's eyes?
8. The first rock 'n' roll record to become widely popular was a 1955 hit song by Bill Haley and the Comets. What was the name of that song?
9. Which ocean is found along much of Africa's eastern coast?
10. Columbus's first voyage to the New World set sail on August 3, 1492. The explorers sailed in three ships -- the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria. Which of those three ships did Columbus command himself?