The Truth About Bats
- Arts & Humanities
This work sheet will help students learn the truth about bats.
- read about bats in the Fact Monster encyclopedia. (The passages can be read online, or they can be printed and copied/posted for students.)
- answer Jeopardy-style questions about the reading passage.
This activity might be set up as
- a computer-center activity. Students can use the computer to access the resource above so they can complete the work sheet.
- a whole-class activity in the computer lab.
- a learning center activity where a printed copy of the Spotlight on Bats resource is available for students to use as they complete the work sheet.
- a seatwork or homework activity. In that case, students will need a printed copy of the Spotlight on Bats resource.
Students will use the information in the Spotlight on Bats resource to complete the work sheet. The work sheet includes eight Jeopardy-style questions. In each case, an answer is provided. Students must identify the bat-related question that goes with each answer.
An answer key for this activity appears in the Assessment section below.
Work Sheet Answers: 1.c, 2.b, 3.b, 4.a, 5.a, 6.a, 7.c, 8.a.
Lesson Plan Source
LANGUAGE ARTS: English
GRADES K - 12
NL-ENG.K-12.2 Reading for Understanding
NL-ENG.K-12.3 Evaluation Strategies
NL-ENG.K-12.8 Developing Research Skills
NL-ENG.K-12.12 Applying Language Skills
GRADES K - 4
NS.K-4.3 Life Science
GRADES 5 - 8
NS.5-8.3 Life Science
GRADES K - 12
NT.K-12.1 Basic Operations and Concepts
NT.K-12.5 Technology Research Tools
See more Lesson Plans of the Day in our Lesson Plan of the Day Archive. (There you can search for lessons by subject too.)
For additional language arts/reading lesson plans, see these Education World resources:
For additional science lesson plans, see these Education World resources:
Copyright© 2006 Education World