Animals A to Z Activity: Meerkat
Education World's Animals A to Z printable activity pages are designed for weekly use with students in grade 2-4. Students learn interesting facts about animals they know (and some animals they don't know) as they reinforce basic skills of capitalization, punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
Animals A to Z
These work sheets are also excellent test-preparation tools. The skills emphasized in the series are those found on all standardized tests in grades 2 and 3: simple word usage, end-of-sentence punctuation, comma placement in a series, basic spelling, and others. The skills do not include the appropriate use of apostrophes (except in contractions) and more advanced skills. If you want editing activities that include those skills, be sure to see our daily Every-Day Edit series.
For more information about this series, or for ideas for using it, be sure to see the Ideas for Using Animals A to Z page.
Note: At first, these activities might be challenging for your students. That's not a bad thing! Encourage them to keep at it. Go over the activities as a class. If students stick to it, they will get better at finding all ten errors on each work sheet. They'll be developing the skills that they will encounter on standardized tests too!
Click for a PDF (portable document format) printable version of this Animals A to Z editing activity.
Scroll down or click for work sheet text and answer key.
Click for our archive of Animals A to Z activities from previous weeks.
For more information about this series, or for ideas for using it in the classroom, be sure to see Ideas for Using Animals A to Z.
If you would like to share a photo of this animal with your students, we suggest you search the Google Image Library; it is an excellent source of animal photos. And EnchantedLearning.com offers coloring pages related to all of our Animals A to Z animals.
- Meerkats live in the deserts of africa they live in underground burrows.
- These smart creatures live in groups call mobs. A mob might have from five to 30 meerkats in it.
- Even though meerkats is only 12 inches tall and weigh only 2 pound, there strong front paws can quickly move big piles of dirt.
- The most famous meerkat is timon from the The Lion King.
- Meerkats eat lots of insects they also eat fruits and mice.
- Meerkats live in the deserts of Africa. They live in underground burrows.
- These smart creatures live in groups called mobs. A mob might have from five to 30 meerkats in it.
- Even though meerkats are only 12 inches tall and weigh only 2 pounds, their strong front paws can quickly move big piles of dirt.
- The most famous meerkat is Timon from the The Lion King.
- Meerkats eat lots of insects. They also eat fruits and mice.
Copyright © 2006 Education World