Students participate in simple hands-on activities that demonstrate Daniel
Bernoulli's principle of air pressure and air flight.
- learn about Daniel Bernoulli
- learn general information about Bernoulli's principle
- participate in simple experiments that show Bernoulli's principle.
airplane, winds, wings, Bernoulli's principle, flight, glider, air pressure,
model airplane, chalk, chalkboard
See the sites noted in the lesson for the specific materials needed in each activity.
- Idea 1: Organize students into small groups to complete one or more of the experiments.
- Idea 2: For younger students: Briefly explain very general information about Bernoulli's principle. Complete one of the above experiments as a class.
Evaluate students' participation in the experiments.
Lesson Plan Source