Students complete hands-on activities that teach about origami,
an Asian paper-folding art form.
- define the word origami,
- learn about the history of origami,
- follow directions to complete origami projects.
Asia, art, Asian American, origami, paper folding, Japan
- teacher-selected library sources about origami or printouts from the sites
listed in the lesson
- one sheet of square paper per student
- computers with Internet access (optional)
Have students make other origami projects using the directions from the sites mentioned above or these suggested sites:
Evaluate students' completed projects.
Lesson Plan Source