365 Days of
K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12
Students create a daily calendar of events in African American history.
- create or modify a calendar template,
- research events in African American history,
- write one event for each day of the year on a calendar.
African American, history, calendar, events, time line
- different colored construction paper or tagboard (at least 9 inches by 12 inches) or copies of printouts from calendar templates on a computer software program
- markers or pens
- computers with Internet access or printouts from one or more of the sites noted in the lesson
Prior to the lesson, make calendar templates on construction paper or tagboard using a ruler and markers or pens. Or make copies of printouts of calendar templates from any computer software calendar program you might have.
Extension: Use the students' research to create a daily "Today in Black History" chart for your classroom. On a rotating basis, have students write a new event each day on the chart.
Evaluate students' calendars.
Lesson Plan Source
Last updated 12/30/2014