Do You See the Signs of Spring?
Spring into April with this easy digital camera activity.
This digital camera activity will help students become more aware of shape, color, and texture as they search for
signs of spring in nature and in photographs. You might want to do this activity in collaboration with an art teacher
or technology or media specialist -- or you might ask an older student, classroom aid, or other adult to help students
find, take, and edit their photographs.
- Provide students or pairs of students with a digital camera with a zoom lens. Ask students to use the camera to take a close-up photo of any item in the classroom or on the playground that they think is a sign of spring. (If you have access to enough cameras and if school policy permits, you might allow students to take the camera home overnight to search for more signs of spring.) Be sure to keep a list of students' name and the items they photographed!
- Depending on the age of your students, you might want to crop -- or help students crop -- the photos to make them more difficult to read.
- On a classroom bulletin board, display each photograph and the name of the student or student pairs who took the picture. Number each photograph.
- Title the bulletin board "Do You See the Signs of Spring?"
- Provide numbered worksheets near the bulletin board. Invite students to write the name of each item next to its number on the worksheet.
- Award a small prize to the student or students who guess the most items.
MORE THEMES FOR APRIL
ED WORLD APRIL BULLETIN BOARD RESOURCES
MORE ED WORLD APRIL RESOURCES
MORE ED WORLD BULLETIN BOARD ARTICLES
Do you have a bulletin board idea to share? Send your most successful bulletin board idea (with a sketch or photo, if possible) to BestIdea@EducationWorld.com. If we use it, we'll send you an official Education World mug!
Copyright © 2006 Education World