Introduce -- or reintroduce -- students to the
concept of goal setting as you create this bulletin board galaxy of New Year's resolutions.
- Read -- or ask students to read -- the poem New Year's Resolutions by Bruce Lansky. Discuss the poem, and brainstorm with students a list of New Year's resolutions.
- Provide each student with a star template. Ask each student to write on the star his or her most important New Year's resolution. Have students cut out and decorate their stars.
- Cover a classroom bulletin board with black paper or foil. Title the bulletin board "Cosmic Resolutions."
- Display student's stars on the bulletin board.
Note: You might want to combine this activity with one of the following lessons:
- North Pole, Polar Express
- Chinese New Year
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- Superbowl, football
Do you have a bulletin board idea to share? Send your most successful bulletin board idea (with a sketch or photo, if possible) to BestIdea@EducationWorld.com. If we use it, we'll send you an official Education World mug!
Copyright Â© 2005 Education World