Invite students to open their hearts and share what theyre thankful for on this Thanksgiving bulletin board.
- Use colored construction paper to create a simple barnyard scene on a classroom bulletin board.
- Provide each student with a turkey
template; have students cut out and decorate their turkeys.
- Provide each student with a heart
template. Ask students to trace their templates onto colored construction
paper and then cut out the construction paper hearts. Then invite each
student to use a black pen or marker to write on the heart what he or
she is most thankful for this Thanksgiving.
- Have students glue or paste their hearts onto the back of their turkeys to form the tail feathers.
- Display the turkeys on a bulletin board titled "Our Thankful Hearts."
- Native Americans
- Animals in Winter
- Veterans' Day
And be sure to visit our Holidays and Special Days Center every month.
Do your bulletin board borders become bent and torn during
storage? Try this bright idea: Punch a small hole at the end
of each individual section of border and hang the sections
on regular coat hangers in your classroom closet.
Are you just plain bored with your plain borders? Try making
interesting new borders from such material as wide ribbon,
greeting cards, wallpaper borders, fabric ends, postcards,
upside-down muffin tins (foil or regular), paper rulers or
measuring tape, comic strips, or old CDs.
Do you have a bulletin board idea to share? Send your most
successful bulletin board idea (with a sketch or photo, if
possible) to BestIdea@EducationWorld.com.
If we use it, we'll send you an official Education World mug!
Copyright © 2005 Education World