1. Birds that eat seeds tend to have heavy, thick bills for cracking seed kernels. Two kinds of seed-eating birds are cardinals and finches.
2. Cardinals - D (seeds) Orioles - B (orange halves) Bluebirds - A (live mealworms) Nuthatches - C (suet)
3. Five kinds of food you can find at home include popcorn, peanut hearts, soaked raisins, pieces of fruit like grapes or oranges or apples, fruit seeds (melons, apples), grape jelly, cooked potatoes, leftover oatmeal and ready-to-eat cereal.
4. Black oil sunflower seeds are a real treat for birds.
5. Mice and raccoons are also attracted to birdseed.
© 2012 by Education World®. Education World grants users permission to reproduce this page for educational purposes only.
Fundraisers & Fundraising Ideas:
Common Core Plays