Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt February #1.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the primary grades (grades 2 to 4). If you are looking for intermediate-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. Montgomery, Alabama; 2. six weeks; 3. John Tyler; 4. a type of snake; 5. 1937.
This Hunt's Questions
1. Rosa Parks is famous for her role in a bus boycott that helped bring more rights to African-American people in America. In which city did that bus boycott take place?
2. Legend has it that if a groundhog sees his shadow on February 2, we are in for more winter weather. How many more weeks of winter should we expect to see?
3. President William Henry Harrison was president for the shortest time. He died a month after becoming president. When Harrison died, his vice president took over. Who was that vice president who became president after Harrison?
4. What is a fer-de-lance?
5. One of the most famous bridges in the world is the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. In what year did the Golden Gate Bridge open to traffic?