Early Childhood Activity Bank
Cereal Christmas Trees
- Melt cup margarine over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Stir in a large package of marshmallows until they melt.
- Remove from heat and add teaspoon of vanilla and teaspoon of green food coloring.
- Add 6 cups of round-shaped cereal pieces and stir until the cereal is coated.
- Butter children's hands well and give them paper plates and a large amount of the cereal mixture. Help children shape their mixtures into trees (pyramids).
- When the tree shapes are well packed, children can ice them with canned white icing and decorate with small red and green candies.
FIND MORE ACTIVITIES
Find more activities for early childhood classrooms in these archives:
ABOUT SUE LaBELLA
Sue LaBella, Education World's early childhood editor, is a former teacher who loves writing activities and poems for young children. She lives in Connecticut with her family and her bulldog named Daisy.
Have you subscribed to Sue's free Early Childhood Newsletter? If you have not yet signed up, you're missing out on more fun themed poems and activities. Take a look at Sue's newsletter archive, then sign up today so you don't miss another timely issue of this free newsletter.
Activities by Sue LaBella
Copyright © 2009 Education World