Directions: Brandon, George, Harper, and Jenny are playing a game. Each child has six dice. One at a time, they roll their dice and ask the others to figure out the numbers on the dice from two clues.
George rolls first. His two clues are:
1. The sum of the 6 dice is 12.
2.Â All the dice show the same number.
Jenny says, âThatâs easy! You rolled 2 on all six of your dice!â Can you figure out what each of the other three players rolled based on their clues?
1. My total is 2 more than twice Georgeâs total.
2. I have 3 pairs of numbers on my dice.
1. I have exactly 2 pairs of numbers on my dice.
2. My total is the same as one other player.
1. No two of my dice have the same number.
2. My total is more than Georgeâs, but less than Jennyâs and less than Brandonâs.
Click for a Printable version.
Copyright Â© 2009 Education World