Explore these Education World resources for teaching about U.S. presidents.
- Our Lesson Plans this week, Presidents Day Activities!, offers five excellent activities to teach students about the presidents of the United States!
- Our Holidays Center offers articles, resources, crafts, activities and much more for Presidents Day.
- Fifth graders in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, have created a special Web site that includes tons of information about our presidents. We take a look at that site and many others in this week's curriculum story, U.S. Presidents on the Internet.
- Our lesson planning story from a past Presidents Day focuses on web sites and activities related to our nation's first president. Be sure to check out the story, George Washington lives -- on the Internet!
- And the book, Yo, Millard Fillmore! (And All Those Other Presidents You Don't Know), is highlighted on our books in education page.
- Presidents Day activities
The third Monday in February is the annual observance of Presidents' Day. Education World offers five excellent activities to teach students about the presidents of the United States!
- George Washington lives -- on the Internet!
George Washington: Farmer, Soldier, and First President of the United States of America. Students can learn all about him on the Internet.
- U.S. Presidents on the Internet
The presidents have a huge presence on the Internet. Biographical, historical, and political resources abound. Looking for photos, autographs, lists, trivia? It's all here.
Copyright © 2016 Education World