LEARN THE SYMBOLS
Are your students wondering about the meaning of the symbols they used? Have them right-click the Web page they created, and then left-click View Source to see their HTML tags. Explain to students the meaning of each tag:
- <html> indicates a Web page.
- <head><title> indicates the beginning of the page's title. (Notice that the words "My First Page" appear in the blue bar at the top of the Web page.)
- <body> indicates the beginning of the Web page. Any words or numbers typed after this tag appear on the Web page itself.
- <body bgcolor="yellow"> indicates that the background color of the page will be yellow. (Invite students to try typing another color name in this position.)
- Tags that have a slash mark -- / -- indicate the end of that HTML coding. (So, </title> indicates the end of the page's title.)
Next: More fun stuff!