Communicate in Languages
Other Than English--
- Students engage in conversations, provide and obtain information, express feelings and emotions, and exchange
- Students understand and interpret written and spoken language on a variety of topics
- Students present
information, concepts, and ideas to an audience of listeners or readers on a variety of topics.
Gain Knowledge and
Understanding of Other Cultures
- Students demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the practices and perspectives
of the culture studied
- Students demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the products and perspectives of the culture
Connect with Other Disciplines and Acquire Information
- Students reinforce and further their
knowledge of other disciplines through the foreign language
- Students acquire information and recognize the distinctive viewpoints
that are only available through the foreign language and its cultures
Develop Insight into the Nature of Language and
- Students demonstrate understanding of the nature of language through comparisons of the language studied and their own
- Students demonstrate understanding of the concept of culture through comparisons of the cultures studied and their own.
Participate in Multilingual Communities at Home & Around the World
- Students use the language both
within and beyond the school setting
- Students show evidence of becoming life-long learners by using the language for personal
enjoyment and enrichment.