Monday, December 1st, 1997
Education World® Celebrating December Around The World!
All wrapped up just for you! A sleigh full of activities and Internet connections to explore December's special holidays!
This week, Education World offers a multicultural view of December's special days!
We'd love to hear your reactions to this week's (or any week's!) stories. Drop a quick e-mail to [email protected] anytime!
Have a happy, healthy, and safe holiday!
RELATED HOLIDAY ARTICLES AND RESOURCES FROM THE EDUCATION WORLD ARCHIVES
- A Month With No Holidays? Make Up Your Own!
- World Holiday and Time Calendar
- Heather's Happy Holidays For Kids
- Brief History of Santa This story traces Santa from the first well-known gift-giver, St. Nicholas, in Myra (modern-day Turkey) in about 300 A.D.
- The Christmas Trivia Quiz Learn all about the Christmas holiday while having fun with this self-correcting quiz.
- Christmas Crafts and Activities This site provides links to all kinds of "crafty" sites. You'll find recipes for playdough, gak, and finger paint; pictures to color; directions for making rock candy and recycled paper; and tons of other arts and crafts ideas.
- Rosie's Christmas Tongue Twisters "Seven Santas sang silly songs," "Running reindeer romp 'round red wreaths," "Tiny Timmy trims the tall tree with tinsel," and many more!
- Christmas Word Search Puzzle 1 and Christmas Word Search Puzzle 2 Just the cure for puzzle-itis from John's Word Search Puzzles.
- Christmas Tree Fun, Facts and Figures From the National Christmas Tree Association come facts, sales figures, folklore, and more.