Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt Extra #1.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the primary grades (grades 2 to 4). If you are looking for intermediate-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. China; 2. Argentina; 3. Mexico; 4. two; 5. It's a dozen, then one more -- for a total of 13.
This Hunt's Questions
1. A canal is a man-made waterway. The longest canal in the world is the Grand Canal. In which country will you find the Grand Canal?
2. In which South American country would you be most likely to find a cowboy called a gaucho (pronounced GOW-cho)?
3. The gila monster is a poisonous lizard that lives in the desert. In which part of the world would you be most likely to see a gila monster?
4. How many lungs does a boa constrictor have?
5. Have you ever gone into a bakery and gotten a "baker's dozen"? What is a baker's dozen?