Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt May #4.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the primary grades (grades 2 to 4). If you are looking for intermediate-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. New York; 2. females only; 3. Scheherezade; 4. stony desert; 5. it makes noises.
This Hunt's Questions
1. In 1624, explorers from the Netherlands settled in the New World at a place they named New Amsterdam. What is that place called today?
2. Which mosquitoes can bite, or pierce, the human skin?
3. The "Arabian Nights" is the name given to a series of 1,001 stories told by a queen in order to keep her husband, the king, from killing her. She told stories about Ali Baba, Sinbad the Sailor, Aladdin, and others. What was name of the queen who told those famous stories?
4. What kind of land would you most likely find in the African country called Djibouti (pronounced jih-BOO-tee)?
5. How is gecko different from most other lizards?