Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 14.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. Garth Williams; 2. the body's internal organs shift upwards; 3. Sutur; 4. Morocco; 5. printer; 6. color TV; 7. Whitcomb Judson; 8. vitamin A; 9. So Paulo; 10. three wheels.
This Hunt's Questions
1. E. B. White wrote the popular children's book Stuart Little. Who was the illustrator of the book when it was first published in 1945?
2. When people travel in space, their waistlines get 3 to 5 inches smaller. Astronauts call this smaller waist a "wasp waist." Why does the body's waist get smaller in space?
3. The island of Surtsey, south of Iceland, was formed when an undersea volcano erupted. What was the name of that volcano?
4. Casablanca is the largest port and principal city of which African country?
5. Which of these computer-related terms is considered a peripheral device? Circle the correct term: documentation - drop-down menu - printer
6. For what invention is Peter Goldmark known? Circle that invention below: calculator - color TV - electric motor - microscope
7. An invention we could not live without -- the zipper -- was invented in 1893. Who invented it?
8. Carrots are a rich source of one vitamin in particular. Which vitamin is that? Circle it below: vitamin A - vitamin B - vitamin C
9. Which city below is the largest one in the country of Brazil. Circle the city's name: So Paulo - Rio de Janeiro - Salvador
10. Henry Ford is often said to have built the first automobile, but that is not true. Ford made the automobile affordable for many people, but Karl Benz actually built the first automobile. How many wheels were on the auto built by Benz?