Click for a PDF (printable document format) printable version of Hunt the Fact Monster Hunt # 7.
This is the Hunt the Fact Monster hunt for use in the intermediate grade (grades 4 to 8). If you are looking for primary-grade Hunt the Fact Monster hunts, see the Hunt the Fact Monster Archive.
Scroll down or click for an answer key to this hunt.
Thanks to the kind folks at Fact Monster for partnering with EducationWorld.com to bring you this fun and educational activity.
Answer Key for This Hunt
1. Chester; 2. 1965; 3. New Guinea; 4. Swahili; 5. Read-Only Memory; 6. navy; 7. grapefruit; 8. Aconcagua; 9. the prairie schooner; 10. 19 years old.
This Hunt's Questions
1. What is the name of the cricket in the popular children's book The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden?
2. A Russian cosmonaut was the first person to walk in outer space. In what year did he take his famous walk?
3. Jaya Peak is the highest mountain in the world that is found on an island. On which country is Jaya Peak found? Circle the name of the country below: Greenland - New Guinea - Borneo
4. What is the main language spoken by the people who live on Zanzibar, an island off the east coast of Africa?
5. When referring to a CD-ROM, for what words do the letters ROM stand?
6. The pea coat or pea jacket is usually associated with one branch of the military service. Which branch is that? army - marines - navy
7. What is common fruit is similar to the pomelo of India?
8. Which of the mountains below is the highest peak in South America? Circle the correct one: Aconcagua - Tupungato - Yerupaja 9. In the early days of transportation, people often traveled long distances by Conestoga wagon or prairie schooner. Which of those two wagons was usually lighter and required fewer horses to pull it?
10. Microsoft Corporation is one of the largest computers companies in the world. It was founded by Bill Gates. How old was Gates when he started Microsoft?