Circulatory system travel brochures
Students create brochures describing a trip through the human circulatory system.
Students understand the role of the heart in the circulatory system.
circulatory system, heart
Have each group present its brochure to the class.
- List the functions of the human circulatory system.
- Trace a drop of blood through the heart from right atrium to the aorta.
- Locate and label the parts of a heart on a diagram.
- Identify and describe the function of the different types of circulation.
- Explain how the heart beats.
Note: The complete version of this lesson, which includes instructions for creating travel brochures for seven additional body systems, can be found at Travel Brochure of the Body Systems.
To evaluate students, use the Biology Tour of Human Systems Rubric included in the Travel Brochure of the Body Systems lesson plan.
Lesson plan source
Faye Gottlieb Cascio, South Lakes High School, Reston, Virginia 1/31/2016