Honor Your School and Community Heroes
Students create a special event or an award to honor a hero in the school and/or community.
Students demonstrate creative thinking and critical thinking skills to design a special event or award to honor a local hero. Students demonstrate abilities to work together in cooperative groups.
hero, honor, local, school
- Create a plaque for the person.
- Invite the person to a special breakfast or lunch.
- Develop a special program to honor the person. Hold the program in your classroom or other room in the school.
- Write "thank you" letters to the person.
- After students decide how they want to honor the person, let students work together to develop the event or award.
Evaluate students' participation and abilities to work together to develop an event or an award.
Lesson Plan Source
Last updated 1/09/2012