- Language Arts
- Social Sciences
- Ed. Technology
Students use clues to identify U.S. cities with unusual names and plot
them on a map.
- use context clues to identify the names of U.S. cities with unusual names,
- use library and/or Internet sources to find the geographic location of a list of U.S. cities,
- demonstrate abilities to plot cities on a map.
geography, place, cities, United States, name, unusual, map
- copies of What's in a Name?
- pens or pencils
- computers with Internet access
- library sources or Internet map sites
- pushpins or markers
- United States map that shows each state
Evaluate students' work sheet answers and map skills. ANSWER KEY:
Cash, 2. Bacon, 3. Nice, 4. Dinosaur, 5. Sweet, 6. Noodle, 7. Boos, 8. Embarrass,
9. Volcano, 10. Forks, 11. Sisters, 12. Yell, 13. Hurricane, 14. Odd, 15.
Lesson Plan Source