Not for the faint of heart, being a school administrator often feels like an "extreme sport." Are any of these true of you?
1. You've got your hands in everything that goes on in the school. Busy doesn't even begin to describe your day!
2. You need the skills of a magician to translate yet another onerous state mandate into something staff will understand and embrace.
3. You put so much energy into "carrying" others, but who carries you when you're exhausted?
4. Certain students just seem...unreachable.
5. Summer break? Surely you jest.
6. Another day, another potentially unpopular decision to make. Can you hear the pushback already?
7. Ah, student test scores. Constantly moving targets that are always just...out of...reach.
Copyright © 2014 Education World